Last Minute – Really?
It's 8:00 a.m. on December 3rd.
In the past 33 days I have:
- Completed a 55,000 word novel
- Completed 90% of my Christmas Shopping
- Kept the boys in clean clothes, daily school and sports uniforms included
- Nursed a very sick 12 year old back to health
- Wrestled with faith and fear that my son had a heart problem (It's all good, it's as big as ever!)
- Made daily trips to the grocery store trying to keep 3 teen boys from starving
- Consumed 34 Starbucks Chai tea lattes. (There was a day when I needed two. Sue me.)
So on this Friday morning I decided to settle down for a long winter's nap.
Thought I'd check my email first.
When what to my wandering eyes did appear?
An Ad saying "we're down to the last minute here".
I sprang to my purse and tore open the sash
only to find I'm clean out of cash.
Seems I'd been pilfered by a teen herd
but never fear folks, it's only December 3rd!
Seriously, retail giants and elves alike; I'm not buying this (pun intended).
We are not down to the last minute.
I will not succumb to a false sense of urgency. And neither should you.
Relax and enjoy the season. It's only beginning to look a lot like Christmas.