Tips for loving Christmas:
- Say no. Say no to family, friends, commitments, obligations and traditions if they aren't healthy, fun and doable.
- Don't take "no" from others personally. Exercise respect by realizing they are doing what's best for them.
- Plan to join in the fun, not be the center of it. We set our expectations too high when we attempt to make ourselves or our kids the very center of the celebration. The only person at the center is Jesus.
- Know when it's time to go. Have fun, share glad tidings of joy and move on. Enough said.
- Be aware of what matters to others. Honor their traditions, think of meaningful ways to show what they mean to you. Speak their love language.
- Remember those serving over seas, and those here who are missing their loved ones. Go out of your way for these people.
- Give more than you get and your Christmas cup will overflow.